Health Website Accreditation Assistance Program
There are thousands of health-related Websites on the Internet. What distinguishes yours from the rest?
Your visitors should know that you follow rigorous
standards for quality, privacy, security, and accountability.
Health Web Site Accreditation offered by URAC, a non-profit health care accreditation agency, can get this message to your visitors and business partners.
There are other significant value-added benefits to third-party Web site accreditation including professional liability discounts, a sound risk management strategy, market differentiation, and possibly forestalling state and federal regulation.
But the accreditation process is rigorous. There are over 50 specific standards and accreditation requires 100% compliance with mandatory standards and 90% compliance with applicable standards. The application and review procedures are complex and detailed.
VirSci's Health Website Accreditation Assistance Program can ease
you through the process.
was developed by John Mack, MPhil, Founder of the Internet Healthcare Coalition, former member of URAC’s Web Site Accreditation Committee and URAC’s Web Site Advisory Committee, which assisted URAC in the creation of its health Web site accreditation standards.
We can customize the program to include any or all of the following components depending upon your needs:
Review of Standards and the Accreditation Process
- An executive-level workshop reviewing URAC's Web site standards, application process, and scoring criteria for accreditation. Case examples are used to illustrate compliance issues and encourage discussion.
- Identification of mandatory standards.
- Insights - based on first-hand experience - into the review process of URAC's Web Site Accreditation Committee.
- A comprehensive analysis of the applicant's Web site and policies to determine if the site qualifies for accreditation.
- Assistance in assembling the application manual.
- Help to streamline the application process by working closely with and guiding the person designated as the primary contact with URAC.
For more information about VirSci's Web Site Acreditation Assistance Program and how to get started, call 215-504-4164 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
VirSci is independent from and not affiliated with URAC. We abide by URAC's conflict-of-interest policy.